I think my word of the year for 2017 might be Challenge, not because I think it will be a difficult year, but because I really want to challenge myself to try new things and grow as a person, blogger and reader. So maybe I should go with Growth instead, it’s more positive sounding. Anyway, I digress, another reason that this will be a “Challenge” year is that I am joining several different challenges and I want to share a couple more with you here.
To see the full post, visit the challenge link above, but here are the rules:
- This is a yearlong Challenge it starts January 1st 2017 and ends December 31, 2017
- You have 4 Main goals to choose from; Blogging Goal, Reading Goal, Writing Goal or Personal Goal
- You must pick at least 2 Main goals and each main goal must have sub-goals
- Create a sign-up post and add it to the Linky (sign up before March 1st)
- On the 30th of every other month (and the 29th for February) create an update post about your goals and add the post to the Linky that will be on one of the hosts’ blog.
- This is a yearlong challenge once you do a sign up post you can add or take away goals as you would like BUT on Jan 1st you will no longer be able change the list.
- There will be one giveaway.
- You can delete and Tweak stuff at the halfway point
- Use the Hashtag #BookishResloutions.
And here are my resolutions:
- Complete 10 Reading Challenges in 2017.
- Participate in at least 2 Read-a-thons this year.
- Complete at least 5 series.
- Read at least 1 nonfiction book per month.
- Post at least 1 review per week.
- Clean up my Bloglovin’ feed.
- Comment on at least 1 blog per day.
- Write everyday.
- Outline novel idea.
- Complete first draft.
- Move closer to work.
- Try at least 1 new thing every month.
- Join a club.
For full rules and to sign up, visit the challenge link above.
- The 2017 Reading Assignment Challenge runs from January 1st to December 31st 2017. You may sign up anytime between now and July 1st.
- You may only participate for the months AFTER you sign up (so if you sign up in February, January doesn’t count)
- Commit to reading 1, 2, 3, or 4 books a month and MAKE A LIST of the SPECIFIC books you will read in 2017. This is the point of the challenge: you’re committing to reading a set list of books and a certain number of them each month. It’s your chance to finally hold yourself accountable for those books you keep promising you’ll read!
- You may read any genre or any format (i.e., eBook, Audiobook, Paperback, Hardcover). But they must be published before January 1, 2017 and they must be at least 100 pages.
- Pick a level and make your list. REMEMBER: you’re committing to not just those books, but that number of books a month. You CANNOT read them all in one month.
- At the end of each month, cross off the book(s) you read. There will be a link-up each quarter (hosted by Michelle in April, Berls in July, Michelle in September, Berls in January 2018) for you to link your progress.
- Tweet your progress to #2017HW.
I will be participating at Reader Level 1, which is 1 book per month. Here are my books:
I am still on the look out for a few more challenges that I’ve seen in the past and want to participate in this year. Let me know if you see any good ones!